Mandatory Water Restriction Effective August 5th, 2022.
A Town of Clarenville water restriction is in place to conserve the Town’s protected water supply, minimize the problem of water distribution and to promote the wise use of water.
1. Water of lawns and gardens is restricted to the hours between 8 pm to 10 pm, two days a week as follows:
• Odd civic numbers on Tuesdays and Saturdays
• Even civic numbers on Wednesdays and Sundays
2. Hand water of trees, shrubs, flowers and vegetable gardens with a watering can or hose with an automatic shut off nozzle is permitted at any time
3. With prior notification to the Town, new lawns and/or landscaping can be watered daily between 8 pm and 10 pm for a period of sixty (60) days following installation and/or planting.
4. Car washing, including car wash fundraisers, siding and window washing are permitted at any time with the use of a hose with an automatic shut off nozzle.
5. Commercial car washes and commercial high-pressure water uses are exempt from this Policy.
6. The cleaning of driveways and parking lots utilizing water is prohibited, however the use of commercial sweeping equipment on commercial parking lots is permitted.
Please Note: The Splash Pad at ESP is not effected by this water restriction since it has a re-circulating self-contained water system.
Last modified: August 5, 2022