The Town of Clarenville is presently accepting applications for a full-time, permanent position of Equipment Operator/Utility Person/Labourer to be located at Town’s Public Works Depot located at 24 Hardwoods Road.
DUTIES: The successful candidate will report directly to the Manager of Public Works and/or the Public Works Working Foreman and will become completely familiar with Town of Clarenville’s maintenance activities related to the water distribution system, sewage collection system, road network and winter operations. The successful applicant will be required to work shift work, including weekends and nights. In addition, the successful applicant will be required to successfully complete ongoing safety training and educational programs, including obtaining their Water Distribution (Level I) and Wastewater Collection (Level I) license from the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador within 24 months of hire.
QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum qualifications for this position are as follows:
- Successful completion of High School or equivalent is required;
- A valid Class 03 license with 08 and 09 endorsements for the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador (abstract required);
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in operating heavy equipment is required, specifically in the operation of flyer dump trucks and loaders (winter operations/maintenance);
- Knowledge of and work-related experience with construction safety regulations is required;
- Successful completion of a recognized post-secondary Heavy Equipment Operator Training Program is considered an asset;
- Previous experience in water and sewer maintenance and new installations is considered an asset; and
- Must be able to perform other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Salary and benefits as per the current Collective Agreement.
Qualified and interested individuals are requested to send their cover letter and resume including three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to 99 Pleasant Street, Clarenville, NL, A5A 1V9, no later than December 1, 2023.
Preferred candidate will be subject to practical heavy equipment testing administered by the Town of Clarenville after the interview.
The Town of Clarenville thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Last modified: November 20, 2023