Mandatory Water Conservation Effective June 25, 2021 due to extremely low water levels
A Town of Clarenville water conservation plan is in place to conserve the Town’s
protected water supply, minimize the problem of water distribution and to promote the
wise use of water.
- Water of lawns and gardens is restricted to the hours between 8 pm to 10 pm, two
days a week as follows:
• Odd civic numbers on Tuesdays and Saturdays
• Even civic numbers on Wednesdays and Sundays
- Hand water of trees, shrubs, flowers and vegetable gardens with a watering can or
hose with an automatic shut off nozzle is permitted at any time.
- With prior notification to the Town, new lawns and/or landscaping can be watered
daily between 8 pm and 10 pm for a period of sixty (60) days following installation
- Car washing, including car wash fundraisers, siding and window washing are
permitted at any time with the use of a hose with an automatic shut off nozzle.
- Commercial car washes and commercial high-pressure water uses are exempt
from this Policy.
- The cleaning of driveways and parking lots utilizing water is prohibited, however
the use of commercial sweeping equipment on commercial parking lots is
Those failing to comply with these measures could be subject to having their water
turned off by an official of the Town of Clarenville.
Last modified: June 25, 2021