The Town of Clarenville is presently accepting applications for the position of Tourism Coordinator/Event Planner to be located at the Town Hall.
DUTIES: The successful candidate will report to the Economic Development Officer and is responsible for the coordination and implementation of the Town’s Sustainable Tourism Plan as well as the coordination of select festivals and events.
QUALIFICATIONS: Diploma in Office or Business Administration, supplemented with experience in community economic development, event planning, public speaking, and working in the tourism sector.
• Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role.
• Successful candidate must be a self-starter and who enjoys working as a member of a team.
• Experience collaborating with volunteer, community groups and/or working in a Municipal Government office setting.
• Knowledge of strategic planning and work plan development strategies.
• Knowledge and experience in organizing public events, stakeholder meetings, and minute-taking.
• Demonstrated experience in leading projects.
• Experience in partnership development and community economic development.
• Possess strong written and oral communication skills which includes functional knowledge of Office 365, Adobe Pro and Canva (or similar desktop publishing software).
HOURS OF WORK: 35 hours per week with flexibility for some after-hours.
CLOSING DATE: September 29, 2023
Qualified and interested individuals are requested to send their resume along with a cover letter including three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Attention: Economic Development Officer
Clarenville Town Hall
99 Pleasant Street
Clarenville, NL A5A 1V9
The Town of Clarenville would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information, please call Colin @ (709) 466-7937, ext. 110 or by email at email@example.com
Last modified: September 13, 2023