Equipment Operator/Utility Person/Labourer
(1 Full-Time Position)
The Town of Clarenville is presently accepting applications for the position of Equipment Operator/Utility Person/Labourer to be located at Town’s Public Works Depot located at 24 Hardwoods Road.
DUTIES: The successful candidate will report directly to the Manager of Public Works and/or the Public Works Working Foreman and will become completely familiar with Town of Clarenville’s maintenance activities related to the water distribution system, sewage collection system and road network. The successful applicant will be required to work shift work, including weekends and nights. In addition, the successful applicant will be required to successfully complete ongoing safety training and educational programs, including obtaining their Water Distribution (Level I) and Wastewater Collection (Level I) license from the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador within 24 months of hire.
QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum qualifications for this position are as follows:
• Successful completion of High School;
• Minimum three (3) years experience as a heavy equipment operator and possession of valid class 05 Newfoundland and Labrador driver’s license with endorsements 03, 08, 09. Driver abstract will be required.
• Knowledge of and work-related experience with construction safety regulations.
• Experience in water and sewer maintenance and new installations would be an asset.
• Experience in winter maintenance activities and experience operating a Combination Vacuum Truck would be an asset.
Salary and benefits will be as per current Collective Working Agreement.
A detailed job description can be obtained from the Town Office between the hours of 8:30 am and 4:30 pm.
Applications, with complete resume, will be received up to 4:00 pm on August 7, 2019 and should be addressed to the undersigned.
Director of External Operations
Town of Clarenville
99 Pleasant Street
Last modified: July 24, 2019